Kimberley Quinlan, LMFT (MFC#78448)
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
Kimberley is dedicated to providing outstanding therapy and counseling for those with OCD and related disorders, Eating Disorders and Body Focused Repetitive Disorders. Kimberley is also passionate about advocating for those with Mental Health Disorders. You are not alone in your journey with mental illness. Studies suggest that it takes an average of 14-17 years from the onset of symptoms to get appropriate diagnosis and effective treatment for OCD. Kimberley is dedicated to ongoing advocacy and education within the community for OCD, Eating Disorders and BFRB’s.
- BA Exercise Science and Nutrition (Southern Cross University, Australia)
- MA Marriage and Family Therapy (Antioch University in Los Angeles)
- Certificate in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy-E for Eating Disorders (CREDO- University of Oxford)
- Traineeship: Center for Individual and Family Counseling
- Internship: OCD Center of Los Angeles
During her training and education, Kimberley dedicated much of her research to the study of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) for the treatment of Anxiety Disorders, Eating Disorders, and Depression. Her training also heavily emphasized the practice of Mindfulness for the management of anxiety, depression and stress.
After licensure, went on to become the Clinical Director of the OCD Center of Los Angeles. Kimberley provided weekly outpatient, intensive outpatient and group services in addition to 2-day Mindfulness Workshops for those with OCD and OCD Spectrum Disorders.
Kimberley is passionate about providing treatment that suits each client’s needs and symptoms. Kimberley has been trained to use Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Kimberley has experience treating adults, adolescents, and children and tailors each program to suit the age and cognitive development of each client. Kimberley has been practicing meditation and mindfulness for many years, and has a special interest in the integration of mindfulness principles with CBT for OCD, anxiety disorders, and eating disorders.
Expert Presenter and Support Group Facilitator
2011 International OCD Foundation (IOCDF) Conference
- Co-presenting on topics such as Harm OCD, Pedophile OCD, Relationship OCD, Support Group Facilitator for adolescent and childhood OCD and facilitated a Craft workshop/play therapy group for children with OCD
2014 International OCD Foundation (IOCDF) Conference
- Presenting on topics such as The Treatment of Co-existing OCD and Eating Disorders, Mindfulness for “Pure Obsessional” OCD, Treatment planning for adolescent and childhood OCD and the treatment of Mental Compulsions using Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.
2014 Trichotillomania Learning Center Conference
- Support Group Facilitator for Adults and Children with Body Focused Repetitive Behaviors (BFRB’s), Presenter on Mindfulness for BFRB’s and facilitator of a Art Therapy group for children with BFRB’s
2016 International OCD Foundation (IOCDF) Conference
- Presenting on topics such as Treatment Planning for Co-existing OCD and Eating Disorders, Mindfulness for “Pure Obsessional” OCD (including Harm OCD, Pedophile OCD, Relationship OCD), Support Group Facilitator for adolescent and childhood OCD
2016 Los Angeles County Pyschological Association Eating Disorder Interest Group
- Presenting on The Treatment of Co-existing OCD and Eating Disorders using Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
2016 Trichotillomania Learning Center Conference
- Presenting on topics such as Balancing Your lifestyle for BFRB success, Mindfulness for BFRB’s, Support Group Facilitator for adults with BFRB’s.
Featured in the Media:
Kimberley has also consulted on various mental health issues with programs such as ABC’s 20/20 and Telemundo.
Kimberley provides treatment for the greater Los Angeles County area, San Fernando Valley area and Ventura County area, including Calabasas, Woodland Hills, Hidden Hills, Bell Canyon, Encino, Tarzana, Agoura, Westlake Village, Thousand Oaks, Oak Park and Malibu.